City Scholars Networking Event – March 3, 2019
3002 (3rd Floor), Electrical and Computer Engineering Building, 306 N. Wright Street, Urbana IL
Thank you for confirming your participation in the Fall 2020 City Scholars Program.
Join us on March 3rd to meet the students who have been pre-screened for City Scholars participation. This event is an opportunity for students to meet and learn about each of the participating companies and for you to identify and speak with students before ranking your prospective interns.
What to Bring
- Each company will have one 6ft table for their representatives.
- We anticipate 100+ students in attendance. We suggest at least two representatives from your company attend: HR/recruiting and technical
- You are welcome to bring small, easily manageable materials to distribute at your table, a table cloth etc. Please do not bring large boxes or displays – we cannot provide set up or material transport assistance.
- We will provide signage for you.
- 5:00-5:30 PM Company Set Up
- 5:30-5:45 PM Students Arrive and Welcome Remarks
- 5:45-7:30 PM Open Networking (Career fair style)
Guests may park in the following lots after 5:00 PM CST without a permit at no charge:
- Lot B1 Springfield Ave. between Mathews and Goodwin
- Lot B4 University and Mathews
Metered parking is available at the Beckman Institute (building #228 on map), in lot B4 or along Wright Street or Mathews Street prior to 5:00.
*Parking vouchers will be distributed electronically for use on campus during interviews on March 3rd and 4th.
On-campus Interviews (optional)
You may invite City Scholars students to interview with you while on campus by reviewing resumes from the Resume Book and pre-scheduling interview times with students OR by creating an interview schedule based on the students you meet at the Networking Event. You are able to request interview rooms on the RSVP form. Interviews should be completed in time for you to submit your decisions to City Scholars administrators by March 27th.
- Tuesday, March 3rd, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 4th, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Interview Location – UPDATED:
ENGINEERING CAREER SERVICES
Engineering Career Services Interview Suite, 3300 Digital Computer Lab, 1304 W. Springfield Ave., Urbana, IL
For more details and with questions contact:
Director, City Scholars Program
Visiting Assistant Director, City Scholars Program