City Scholars leverages University of Illinois’ nationally renowned College of Engineering to build Chicago’s tech pipeline.
Who Are City Scholars
- University of Illinois Engineering Juniors and Seniors
- Majors included: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Engineering
- Top students who can balance living in Chicago, taking classes, and interning.
- Future leaders who want to have a role in Chicago’s tech ecosystem.
City Scholars Program Overview
- UIUC students available to work in Chicago offices during fall or spring semesters.
- Interns work 20 hours per week in your Chicago office.
- Option to extend semester internship into summer or full time offers.
- Illinois provides online and in-person classes in Chicago, keeping students on track to graduate.
- Leading faculty connect classroom theory to practical application
- Our cohort experience connects them directly to executives, experts, and civic leaders who make Chicago thrive.
Company Commitment and Student Recruiting
Companies that partner with Illinois Engineering on the City Scholars program will pay students a pre-set hourly wage for 20 hours per week. A program fee for each student hired helps offset the costs of student instruction and programming in Chicago. Students will be admitted to the City Scholars program based on an assessment of their transcript and résumé. Companies will have an opportunity to meet and select student interns through networking sessions and one-on-one interviews.