City Scholars Networking Night
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
3002 (3rd Floor) Electrical and Computer Engineering Building
306 N. Wright Street, Urbana, IL
Arrival/Welcome Remarks 5:30 – 5:45 PM
Open Networking 5:45 – 7:30 PM
*Food and beverages will be available. Business Casual Attire.
- This event is a chance for you to learn about the internship(s) the company is offering so that you may make an informed decision about which companies to rank and where to intern.
- This will be a career fair style event. Candidates will be able to rotate among the companies to visit with representatives who will speak about the company and available internship(s).
- These are not short interviews.
- Participation in this event is required in order to proceed in the City Scholars matching process. However, you are not guaranteed an internship. You will need to participate in the interviewing process and be selected by a company for an internship.
- To help you prepare for the Networking Event, an online meeting will be held on Friday, February 28th from 4:00-4:30pm. This will provide you with helpful information about the networking event and matching process. Your participation is highly recommended, but the event will be recorded for those who cannot attend live. The online link to participate is: https://illinois.zoom.us/j/923840145
- Internship descriptions are posted online. There is not time during the networking event to ask basic questions – prepare ahead of time! Review the internship descriptions and research the companies to be prepared.
- These internships are unique internships that are only available to City Scholar students (not available on Handshake!).
- All employers have been provided access to your resume, but be sure to bring extra copies of your resume to the event. We will not have computers/printers/copiers available for you to use.
- What to wear/what to bring: Please dress in business casual attire and bring resumes as well as your schedule in case you need to arrange an interview.
- Some companies will schedule next day interviews during the Networking Event.
- Bring your calendar. You are expected to know your schedule so that you can schedule interviews.
- Some companies may choose to conduct phone/video interviews and will follow up with you in the days following the event to schedule those interviews.
- Remember, if you sign up on paper or give a verbal agreement to have an interview, you are to have already checked your schedule to ensure you can attend. Reminders and interview confirmations will not be sent to you, as there is not enough time between the scheduling and the interview. Missing a scheduled interview is not acceptable and will result in your Handshake account being deactivated.
Fall 2020 Company Partners