October 13, 2022
Campus Instructional Facility (CIF) Room 0035
1405 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL 61801
Thank you for confirming your participation in the Spring 2023 City Scholars Program.
Join us on October 13th to meet the students who have been pre-screened for City Scholars participation. This event is an opportunity for students to meet and learn about each of the participating companies and for you to identify and speak with students before ranking your prospective interns.
- 4:30-5:00 PM Company Set Up
- 5:00-5:15 PM Students Arrive and Welcome Remarks
- 5:15-7:00 PM Open Networking (Career fair style)
What to Bring
- Each company will have one 6ft table for their representatives.
- We anticipate 125-175 students in attendance. We suggest at least two representatives from your company attend: HR/recruiting and technical.
- You are welcome to bring small, easily manageable materials to distribute at your table, a table cloth, etc. Please do not bring large boxes or displays. We cannot provide package storage, set up or material transport assistance.
- We will provide signage for you.
Please indicate your parking needs on our RSVP form. Parking vouchers will be distributed electronically for use in metered spots on October 13th and October 14th. Instructions on how to use the vouchers will be distributed with the voucher codes.
Parking is available in any metered spot on the street or in some parking lots. The closest parking lot with metered spots is A3.
Recommended hotels near campus include:
TownPlace Suites by Marriot: 603 S 6th St, Champaign IL
Hampton Inn Champaign Urbana: 1200 W University Ave, Champaign IL
I-Hotel: 1900 S 1st St, Champaign, IL
On-campus Interviews (optional)
You may invite City Scholars students to interview with you while on campus by reviewing resumes from the Resume Book and pre-scheduling interview times with students OR by creating an interview schedule based on the students you meet at the Networking Event. You are able to request interview rooms on the RSVP form. Rooms are available in the Engineering Career Services Interview Suite (3300 Digital Computer Lab, 1304 W. Springfield Ave., Urbana, IL) on these dates:
- Thursday, October 13, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday, October 14, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Interviews should be completed in time for you to submit your decisions to City Scholars administrators by November 11th.
For more details and with questions contact:
Director, Chicago Programs and Partnerships
Assistant Director, Chicago Student Experience